Monday, July 28, 2008
First Day @ Ciba
I have nothing much to report today...in more ways than one. Went for work early, waited at Dongchang lu there for the Ciba Shuttle. Man, the roads are super filthy!!! Buses were speeding in packs and they were kicking up lots of mini dust storms. I think the particles are super heavy cos they settled after a few seconds. Ewww...no more contact lens for a while...
Met Joyce, new collegue, quite a frenly gal. I was quite amazed when she said she's my age and she's living alone in the city. Met my new supervisor Ann. She's so nice...wish i wun disappoint her. I was stuttering already today...damn it. CHinese cuiz...
Anyway, the rest of the day was spent reading up on the company. It was totally boring...ended up blasting emails to my mum and yiling just for fun. Read a chinese newsletter for damn long and discovered I was reading the traditional chinese version, not the simplified. And then, home...
Home...met the guys for dinner somewhere near the house...tot I horland...but finally! found cheap 6rmb meal! =)
Anyway, Ann told me that the typhoon 'Feng Huang' will hit Shanghai...quite evident during the day in the office. I could hear the wind thru the office building windows and I'm on the 18th floor! Getting very very gusty as I type this...snapped one of our clothes hanger. Wheee...jason's first typhoon experience...
Life..is still manageable...
Met Joyce, new collegue, quite a frenly gal. I was quite amazed when she said she's my age and she's living alone in the city. Met my new supervisor Ann. She's so nice...wish i wun disappoint her. I was stuttering already today...damn it. CHinese cuiz...
Anyway, the rest of the day was spent reading up on the company. It was totally boring...ended up blasting emails to my mum and yiling just for fun. Read a chinese newsletter for damn long and discovered I was reading the traditional chinese version, not the simplified. And then, home...
Home...met the guys for dinner somewhere near the house...tot I horland...but finally! found cheap 6rmb meal! =)
Anyway, Ann told me that the typhoon 'Feng Huang' will hit Shanghai...quite evident during the day in the office. I could hear the wind thru the office building windows and I'm on the 18th floor! Getting very very gusty as I type this...snapped one of our clothes hanger. Wheee...jason's first typhoon experience...
Life..is still manageable...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]