Friday, July 25, 2008

 

Recce!

Today woke up damn early...set my alarm for 6.15am and I woke up at 6am. That's becos, surprise surprise...the sunrise timing here is super off from SG...6am here will let u experience sunlight equivalent to SG's 8am sun. Reason for waking up so early...to go with Howie and KQ to recce for their shuttle buses. (Sulzer's timing is super disgusting early) After that they accompanied me to go recce mine at 东昌路地铁站。Thanks to the weird instructions given by chio chio long hui, I found the shuttle bus stop. Hahaha. Seriously not a good spot but no choice. Ciba is way too far to access by public. Btw, traffic here in china is crazy. Lefthand drive and drivers dun care abt you. Think it is worse than Thailand...have to be damn bold and chiong but also hyper alert. Saw an interesting view on the way back from my recce.
Turns out dong chang lu is one of the busier parts of town. The mist is not an indicator of rain! In the distance is the famous Oriental Pearl Tower or Dong Fang Ming Zhu.


After which, we went back home and nuah....cos damn freaking hot. But not b4 we discovered the wonders of HUMAN SARDINES!!!! Hahahaa. The train ride back from 东昌路地铁站 was super packed!!! Let me describe. Just imagine riding on the MRT in SG at peak hour...and then a pack of 20 shove their way in. HARD SHOVING. My god...butt to butt with ATs...and surrounded by them, ppl who stared at us when we speak (Must be the singlish). Make me miss our MRT!!!


Lunchtime...we waited for Sok Fong, Wing Hong & Zhan Wei, ate opp the house again...each person paid abt 14 yuan for a cantonese meal...rather nice but I still think food can be cheaper! Today's appetite was better, could experience the taste. Like super suan soup, nice tofu soup. It was there that I realised I dropped a precious photo...damn it...the only one I brought here of Yiling. Damn damn damn. Played with the food there too. :) Photoz with howie. Just got this one...




The next recce location was to the respective universities, Fudan and Jiao Tong. Took us 1&1/2 hours to get there sia...my god...the campus is nice...but big! We wandered around for over an hour plus, dunno why. Took the bus back and met Howarda n Zhan Wei (both from Jiao Tong) at Raffles City (yes there's one here!) Got there via train, at 人民矿场 (The 3rd character doesn't have the side, too tired to find it). Things there are super ex but very much like SG. with clean toilets! By then we were quite exhausted...we overshot the station where we had to change...



Continued out of the place...started to walk Nanjing Bei Lu. My God, realised wing hong and KQ quite the shopping kings man. Found the xiao niang place that sells 6 water dumpling or shui jiao at only 5 rmb! Whee!!! Skin was very thick and chewy, just the way I like it. By then we were too hungy, shoved everything down b4 pictures could be taken.

Realised shopping malls there are selling pirated stuff. Even the shop name is pirated. Haha. Oh I got a pair of new slippers from S & K here. 39RMB...quite ex but wth...ppl here keep stepping onto my 2 dollars slipper. THink it will give out soon.


Mum called me today, told that all the things we have done so far are quite overpriced. "A Dollar in SG is worth a dollar in China. That's the standard of living there!" Valueable words...dun play play. Heng I reined myself in.

Oh well..blogger's kind kok up and I can't upload photos anymore...stay tuned for night shots of nanjing lu!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]