Monday, August 25, 2008

 

我讨厌下雨天!!!

A monday cannot get any bluer than mine. Today, the heavens opened up and drenched Shanghai city. My roomies and I woke up to a cool morning with torrential rains splashing away at the window. At first, I thought "WOW...what a great day..."
Boy was I wrong.

First obstacle...the pavement of my condominium's estate is not level. The result: Song Yi and I had to trash through 5cm of rain puddles and the gusty rain. So, by the time we were about to reach the train station, we were soaked to the bone, shoes and all. The rain was so heavy, the fabric of my brolly got soaked and it started to leak. -_-
Then came the next whopper...I hate the china ppl when they walk with umbrellas. They seriously don't care where the spokes of their brollies go...seems as though they aim to poke your eyes out and damage your umbrella...
Thankfully, I did not miss the shuttle bus. Once I went up, I felt so forlorn...drenched.
Here comes the next blue thing...the jam...the floods...my office is at Caobao lu, the west of Shanghai. It took the bus about 40mins to cross nanpu bridge. Start stop traffic all the way...omg...we were only able to reach the office at 1120! I spent a whooping 3 hours 10mins on the shuttle bus. Some of the passengers became urgent for the toilet (The guys esp). And get this, they managed to get off the bus, take their leaks and run back to the bus! Traffic was slow like I said. But our bus was the second to arrive out of the four. My supervisor's bus only arrived at 2pm!
After this, I really salute the driver of 9141. A huge coach with a manual transmission. His legs must be like suan to the max. You have gotta appreciate drivers for their sacrifice. Haiz...now i gotta dry my shoes...





Comments:
boo hoo i'm back! it's raining cats and dogs in spore too...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]