Tuesday, August 5, 2008

 

The Day You Went Away

The stadium where soccer olympics are going to be held, I think

In case you are wondering about the title, it is that of an M2M song. And it also appropriately describes the company shuttle bus this morning.

Yar...I missed the shuttle this morning due to a stomachache. By like 1 minute. After a few calls, I headed back to the Metro and took public there. And trust me, at 8.15, the condition on the trains in the morning is horrendous. The people don't give shit about you, just want to get their asses on board. I had to shield this little boy on the train from getting squished and separated from his mother. Another thing about China people on the train; they have no qualms about having their soupy breakfast on the morning commute. Nor will they give up their seat for the elderly or the occasional pregnant lady. This is the best example of the survival of the fittest in China. Anyway after the morning drama, I reached office at 9.20am and I swear, I'll never miss the damn shuttle again.

In terms of work, I was rather busy today for once. Ann went for meeting elsewhere. So Sara gave me stuff to do, proof-reading a English-to-Chinese Translation and creating debriefing slides for the UTech /PUChina 2008 exhibition. Sounds like jargon, but I finally managed to read on stuff relevant to Chem-engine. All about plastics, VOCs and NOx. Haha. But I did have trouble explaining to Sara that those terms are not typos (say those in Mandarin and you will see what I mean.) Had maybe only half an hour to read my online news and then, Ann came back and called for a meeting. Turns out we are going to have a photoshoot for advertising. Yeahz! And I get to go along!
So far, feel the people there are really funny. The President's PA is hilarious. She hiccupped again today and 'scolded' me for laughing. And she 'scolded' me again for 'stealing' the chocolates on the cupboard. HAhhaa. Kept calling me xiao di di...shat. Had lunch and dinner with Joyce again. She's also damn fun though communication is still a little impaired. And she's quite mature too. Hard to find a combi like that huh? Anyway she kept pestering me to teach her English during dinner, something I really really hesitate. Then we launched into a discussion about the different standards of English and Chinese in Singapore and China. Interesting...Guess she finds me interesting too for all my quirky Singaporean terms and the fact that I can switch rapidly between both languages.


Things to note....Howard and the other house are going to Suzhou on Saturday. Should I go???


Some photos I took on the commute back today from work (I DIDN'T MISS the bus!)

This is the damn bridge I cross EVERYDAY.
At sunset, it looks so nice till you see the jams on it.





Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]