Saturday, August 2, 2008
R & R
Today the first weekend after work! The guys and I decided to go to Nanjing Xi Lu via train. Everyone slept in damn late (Chiong-sters) . Lunch was settled there then...at this place.
The dumpling thingy was damn shiok lah...abt 3 quarter size of my palm, skin was crispy and the meat nice but a bit too oily. Or rather, the oil splashed out (YES SPLASHED! NOT SQUIRT). We had to pour the oil out b4 we ate it but damn it is really good. Then had some porridge which I didn't like (10 bucks). The guys had this mango juice...super smooth.
We then decided to go to the shopping destination "Tao bao shopping centre".
There, I finally bought something for myself, an A & F polo tee for 40 RMB. It was a bit ex but heck, it is well made. Wanted to buy shirts too...but wth...howie and I are too small-sized. Couldnt't buy! Damn upset lah..while buying, we realised that it closes at 545pm. THe whole place. Wow...just for the Olympics.
We then went dinner hunting, spotted this place...hahaha.
Din eat there though...we explored the street next to this place off Nanjing Dong Lu and found a place selling cheap food. I had 8RMB gong bao diced chicken rice. Damn good. Too bad the noodles there suck. Further explored the place around...nanjing lu is great to walk! Even the shopping centres there are huge. Found a reasonable ktv to go to...Shanghai Ge Cheng or song city.
We also started hunting for winter wear now...sales everywhere. Saw NB shoes going at 360 RMB...temptations...also saw cheap sport wear at the shop next to the nanjing dong lu station...ahhh. but out of time and money...another time!
People may say that nanjing lu is their version of our orchard road...but still, I always want to lol when I see this store...
Also have Meter's Bonswe. It is like their Giordano there...but it isn't very cheap. 80RMB for berms...omg...but Jay Chou is one of the spokesperson. =) Cool.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]