Sunday, August 24, 2008

 

Pre-closing

Today's the 24th of August...
In a blink of an eye, I have spent a month in Shanghai, away from home. And what a month this has been. This has been the longest time I spent away from everything I know and hold dear...Beijing Olympics and all the matches...Singapore finally winning its 2nd olympic medal...my friends and I have settled into our home away from home...we had fun, played, travelled, shopped...I missed my sister's birthday...my friends back in NTU have already started school...Wow. And today's the day the Olympics finally come to a close.

Tonight, we'll be cooking dinner. I will probably help to fry the eggs (Thank you dear for teaching me how!)

Today, I just finished typing my IA report for the monthly submission...

Reflections...I am not a shopper. I really am not. I can walk the entire day and reach home. But I'll be extremely wasted. I have already fallen asleep quite a number of times while MSN-ing with yiling...how pathetic am I? I didn't really buy much stuff becos I go for the brand name as well as quality. So far, I have only bought 1 Tee, 1 Polo, 1 berms, 1 ikea cup, a belt and a G2 Black label shirt for myself...other than the cup and the G2 shirt (I kinda pampered myself with this at 110RMB but hey! Black Label baby!), the rest are imitations. The only reasons I could have bought them are
1) Dirt Cheap (Tee shirt at 12.90 RMB)
2) Not that dirt cheap but good quality (Polo tee at 40RMB)
3) I needed it. (The belt, from Clio Coddle at 30RMB)

About work and Shanghai:
The place is huge. I am going from east to west and back again 5 days a week. I estimate a distance of 40km and above per trip. Air is dusty, we have to sweep and clean the place everyday or else it will get disgusting. But work is fun, I get to do random stuff. Yes, nothing to do with Chem Engine but everything to do with Mass comms, which I am very partial to. I meet people who calls me "Jason LAO?". Funny, but my surname makes me Singaporean thank you very much. People here are very friendly, even on the train though they may get pushy.

yes, Shanghai has its merits. I can live here, seriously. But, it will be too hard to uproot myself here with my family and gf in Singapore. I realised that when I went Ikea. There, things looked like Tampines' Ikea. When I saw the holes in the wall, I think of Jadelle and the things she do. Probably, she's the 2nd reason I wanna go home. Heck, when I go back home, I'll be an uncle again!

YEAH!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]