Monday, August 11, 2008
Updating........
Well...Back to the rat race in Shanghai. Rather than blogging about my mundane life here, I will upload the photos I have taken at Suzhou. Probably due to the poor server here, I can only upload about 5 photos before I start my verbal abuse. Some are already up so refer to that post!
I am turning into the English guru for Joyce...she keeps bombarding me with Chinese phrases to translate for her. That is no simple task, as some of the terms cannot be translated directly or the meaning will be lost. (Eg, ma ma hu hu)
But during this process, I realised that I am worried. Yes. Will I lose the ability to talk coherently and express my ideas in English? I certainly hope not. We'll see.
Things I like so far about Shanghai:
The fact that every day is a new learning experience! You will never find it boring, just tiring!
Standard of living here is lower, so most things are cheaper than SG.
My IA company Ciba (China)! Can't meet nicer people there
Cheap, nice food! Plenty of rice!
Hate about Shanghai:
The general behaviour of the public (What's with all the shoving? I don't like to touch your butt thank you very much)
The food being so oily, it can turn my stomach
People who still refuse to think in terms of RMB, spending like Kings
(Things may be cheaper than SG but there's no logic in paying so much for clothes and food when the normal Shanghainese can buy the same things at more than half the price)
The Birdman who likes to fly away and make snide comments like "YOU ARE SO SWEATY!"
(The BIG pot calling the tiny kettle black lo...)
I miss the friends back at SG
The list will grow...
Needless to say, I had another dream about someone. As far as dreams went, this was pretty vivid, enough to make me moody AGAIN...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]