Sunday, September 21, 2008

 

Friday...

Another post...haven't been updating regularly due to several reasons. 1) I'm tired. 2) Things doesn't seem worth updating. But now there are some things to say! Recently read about all the milk scare, namely China-brand milk. DAMN IT man! And I'm in China! No more milk...sobz. Had school on Friday...And I recced my way there on my own. Heard from the seniors about the famous direct bus from my house and wow...I had a seat all the way to a place near school. THe walk to the campus was a little far...maybe 10 mins. But I am sure it will be a great walk when the weather is cooler. Thank god I have a sense of direction! Future GIP students staying at Long Yang Lu take note...take bus service 746. Go to DDmap.com to find the terminal. Then use ur map to topo there. Friday's lesson was about "Modernity in China". But the prof seriously have to wake up his bloody idea. His slides are like chucks of text and we are all damn rusty at writing Mandarin. I gave up and started taking photos instead! Hahhaa. Afternoon was spent at the Shanghai Muesum which was totally boring...I just can't see what's so interesting about pottery.
Since we were at 人民广场, we tried to make our way to Raffles City to meet howard. Btw, this station is bloody huge. And lo and behold, we found this immensely, disgustingly huge shopping centre underground! If I have to take a guess...interconnecting tunnels joined at right angles with each tunnel going str as far as the eye can see. And flanked by shops of course. But our destination was to Nanjing DongLu to shop for winterwear since they are going to Inner Mongolia which is supposed to be damn cold. So I went along and bought one too...I'll need one anyway. They call it 羽绒服. Being the scrooge who is afraid of the cold, I bought a blue one at 198RMB. Damn chor...but Song and Jun got theirs at over 339 and 280...kind of comforting? We had dinner at 东方既白, some fastfood joint where the meals were ex and not too nice...but the soya milk was fantastic. I quote Song "This is the best soya milk I had tasted in China!" There were also some floats, kind of like our Chingay Parade. Everyone was taking photos of the 'pretty girls' except me. I had to dash to the toilet. Ummmm...then home. I was quite worn out by then...crashed into bed with the lights on and my specs on without even saying goodnight. End of Friday.
DAMN OLD CAN!
Huge Underground Shopping at people's sq
Nice Soya Milk

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]