Sunday, October 26, 2008
Updates from Shanghai!
Sunday cometh...and I haven't been blogging again. Yar...things are too mundane recently with work, school and rest...



School was fine...work was hectic becos of the CSR project thingy. I became a lesson planner! How about that? But guess work was getting me all tired out...I couldn't get up for lessons on saturday...ended up resting for the day and then going out to Haoledi for a short k-session. And I learnt something...I should just give up on singing Chinese songs and focus on English instead...
Sunday morning...woke up damn early cos the Volunteer project kicked off today. Went to the office to meet my colleague who was driving us down. DAMN the weather is cold in the morning. Hovering around 20 degrees. Didn't help that i had to walk for 10 mins to the office. Thankfully, the office pantry still had hot coffee.
School...teaching the kids...quite a queer experience. They were so guai, it was surreal. Made the drive down really worth it. Hopefully, more GIP people will come. I think a lot of them will enjoy it solely becos of the kids. Of course, I wasn't the main teacher, just assisting my colleague and spelling stuff on the board and handing out presents. Their English is really quite weak...hopefully I can help them improve it. Now that today's over...I have to think abt what to teach for next Sunday...oh dear...
After teaching, went to meet Howie and Jun at Cheng Huang Miao to eat our long awaited ding tai fung meal! Haha Had 150 bucks worth of vouchers. And I had only one thing to say about the Ding Tai Fung here: DAMN BLOODY GOOD! The three of us add a total of 193 for two longs and 3 plates of fried rice. But for the quality, I think it is really worth it...GOOD!!!!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]