Saturday, November 29, 2008

 

Guangzhou + Calligraphy

All righty...I'm back from Guangzhou. It was a very brief business trip, mostly rushing off to the Exhibition hall. But in the day that I was there, I took the subway (4 bucks like SH) and realized how screwed up it is, observed that the weather there rox at a warm 20 degrees and above but with lousy air, the ppl there all speak cantonese which is a far more familiar dialect than Shanghainese. I also stayed at a 5 star hotel! Nice! Best part was the fact that there was CNA on the TV and the morning breakfast was all familiar food fare.
Ciba's booth was damn nice...I dare say it is one of the most outstanding ones there. And Chinacoat is HUGE...ike 3 exhibition halls. So like you will see people employing all kinds of tactics to draw your attention. (like show girls)
Oh, had to fly there and it was quite cool. Instead of a passsageway to the airplane, we had to take a bus and walk on the runway up the airplane. Hhaha. Quite strange cos it was my first time, kind of retro. Too bad my cam was in my bag.
So I ended off the trip by coming back to shanghai after a day. And it was the first time I took a plane by myself! No fears even though it was China Southern and I was worried about losing my checked-in baggage. (Checked in my nike bag...becos my facewash was inside)
ONce back in SH, realized that the cold front has really hit the city hard. Thursday was the day with winds up to 32km/h. It was hard to walk esp with contact lenses. Temps punged to 1 degree at night. It has moderately improved but I still got a reading of 3.8 at midnight last night. After trying to brave the cold, we all finally took out our winter coats to wear it to sch yesterday. (Thankfully) At night, Jun Wen tried to walk out for dinner wearing just a jacket. I emphasize on 'TRIED'. Totally impossible.

Guangzhou's new TV Tower...unique design. Picture taken from the cab

My ride back to SH. This time, with the passageway attached.

Oh speaking about class, we finally had our calligraphy class. The introduction was SUPER boring...everyone was nodding off and it went on till mid afternoon. It was kind of fun...realized there are a lot of techniques to know before we can start writing. But after a while, I noticed that I suck at it.
The writing materials
Hard at work...trying not to laugh

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]