Monday, November 3, 2008
Yet another belated blog...have been busy lately. With sch and work...like time-consumingly busy, not brain cell killing busy.
Had two days of school at Fudan, discovered this damn zai fast food called 'PCF'. Haha. We were eating and wondering...why does the acronym sound so familiar...we were thinking like it was polychlorine floride or something. After like half an hour did we remembered...THermodynamics' Pyonting Correction Factor! haha. Goes to show how carefree we have been away from NTU.
Had the oral presentation on Saturday. I was like quite certain I was prepared for it, having written like 3 pages of notes to talk about. But I'll be damned...no matter how many times I prepare, how many times I rehearse, my nerves always get the better of me. Oh well...at least managed to blunder my way through. At least the teacher could see that I had prepared. Not like SOME slackers at Fudan...
Sunday was of course the volunteer program thingy again. With the information I sent to my supervisor on Thursday night, the late night I spent on preparing for my presentation on Friday night, and trying to spend some gf time...I was quite tired on Sunday. Imagine sleeping at 1am, getting up at 6am...But admittedly, I woke too early. Ended up being an hour early at the meeting point.
What do I do? I spent 28RMB on a nice cuppa coffee at starbucks and read my book there, in a warm toasty cafe on a cold Shanghai morning...that was the best part of the day, seriously.
The weekend was also one hell of a shopping period for me. I had gotten myself a g2000 shirt, a pair of tailored pants and 3 polo shirts, a storybook (marley and me, the best damn doggy sob story you can find) and an audio adaptor for my handphone. =)
Finally, ended off with an NTU dinner. Yepz...the WHOLE GIP people in Shanghai came down to Zhangjiang Hi Tech Park's recreation club for a dinner with the provost. Though it was a chop-chop affair, it was actually quite fun. I guess it is rare occasion for everyone to meet everyone else. Felt like prom all over again. I kept hopping tables. Haha. Golden week buddies are for life manz...
Had two days of school at Fudan, discovered this damn zai fast food called 'PCF'. Haha. We were eating and wondering...why does the acronym sound so familiar...we were thinking like it was polychlorine floride or something. After like half an hour did we remembered...THermodynamics' Pyonting Correction Factor! haha. Goes to show how carefree we have been away from NTU.
Had the oral presentation on Saturday. I was like quite certain I was prepared for it, having written like 3 pages of notes to talk about. But I'll be damned...no matter how many times I prepare, how many times I rehearse, my nerves always get the better of me. Oh well...at least managed to blunder my way through. At least the teacher could see that I had prepared. Not like SOME slackers at Fudan...
Sunday was of course the volunteer program thingy again. With the information I sent to my supervisor on Thursday night, the late night I spent on preparing for my presentation on Friday night, and trying to spend some gf time...I was quite tired on Sunday. Imagine sleeping at 1am, getting up at 6am...But admittedly, I woke too early. Ended up being an hour early at the meeting point.
What do I do? I spent 28RMB on a nice cuppa coffee at starbucks and read my book there, in a warm toasty cafe on a cold Shanghai morning...that was the best part of the day, seriously.
The weekend was also one hell of a shopping period for me. I had gotten myself a g2000 shirt, a pair of tailored pants and 3 polo shirts, a storybook (marley and me, the best damn doggy sob story you can find) and an audio adaptor for my handphone. =)
Finally, ended off with an NTU dinner. Yepz...the WHOLE GIP people in Shanghai came down to Zhangjiang Hi Tech Park's recreation club for a dinner with the provost. Though it was a chop-chop affair, it was actually quite fun. I guess it is rare occasion for everyone to meet everyone else. Felt like prom all over again. I kept hopping tables. Haha. Golden week buddies are for life manz...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]