Sunday, December 21, 2008
Chongming and counting down
Back from Chongming Island. Didn't know why I decided to go when all the couples went...left wei jun and I to feel super awkward at times.
Personnel roll-call: Howie & Hui Shan, Tiong Lee & Sharon, Eugene, Tze Lei, Wei Jun and I.
But the island isn't half-bad...very rustic (I like) and quiet. It is like a village. Stayed at this place that was like a villa which also have a super cool automated mahjong table. But being so backward meant that there was nothing much to do at nights, hence we had to entertain ourselves with games like mahjong and cards. The night was so silent, it deafens.
Day one
Went to a mangrove swamp and then to a nearby plantation to pluck VERY fresh mandarin oranges for 10RMB. WE then went to this little amusement park place for the evening which had no people. Darkness came pretty quickly so we didn't have much shots. Eugene had a go at fishing though...had nothing to show for it.
I swear, the orange plucking was fun, but when you overpluck, the consequence can be a little overwhelming. We used them as forfeit for our card games...now have developed a phobia for them. I have officially eaten more oranges at Chongming island than the rest of my life (Wait a min, I never ever ate oranges before this!)
Day two
We went to 森林公园 for 40RMB. wasn' cheap but we had free bicycles to ride around the place. It was pretty cuiz...no gears and the seat was too low. Some of the couples decided to take the tandem bikes, which were worst in my opinion. It was pretty relaxing in the park...we only spent 20RMB inside to play bumper cars which sounded ridiculous but superbly fun! It was chilly that day but we worked up perspiration after that. After that, went off home liao lo...
Of course, I have lots of photos. The weather was good, the scenary was great and we are all shutterbugs. So enjoy them photos!
Another thing about last week...
Had a farewell lunch from my coy. It was held early cos a lot of my colleagues will be going on leave this coming week. Was pretty nice and they gave me a perfume giftset. That afternoon, I bought an Awfully Chocolate cake for them. Damn nice...though it was ironically sad that all of them were able to eat it except for my supervisor who left the office for an afternoon meeting....nvm got something else for her. (cher, dun 吵了)
Only three more days of work, seven more days in Shanghai and fifteen more days to school re-opening. Happiness and dread, all rolled into one.
On the ferry to Chongming (Eugene and tze lei at the right side...nv pose)
First stopover. (Dun be fooled, it is a swamp)
Teepee!
Winding path into a neverending grove
Rmb I said it was a couple outing? Here's one pair
Great lighting! (Nahz...just my camera's mode)
Emo shot? THat's howie btw
Winter made the trees bald...and I like them!
The road outside...
The lengths we go to get our oranges...
Howie and Huishan filling their basket (Damn big basket can...)
Tiong Lee and Sharon picking their oranges
Weijun solo-plucking
The only group photo I have...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]