Friday, February 27, 2009
24th
One quiet birthday...just the way I like it.
Admittedly, I am getting lazy. But I never saw the reason to fuss over my birthday. Like "just another day man..." Unless someone sees a good reason to make me like it all over again. =)
Just had a good quiet dinner with Yiling at the Waraku in the Central, same place where I brought her for her 21st birthday last year. Again, I need more creativity...suggestions for good eateries that wun blow my budget?
But then, the Waraku there isn't half bad...good service and man, were the dishes we ordered good...we were so stuffed we had to walk it off. Tori Kishimen for her and Chirashi Set for me.
I also revealed a little lingering Chinese culture when I was asking for the bill. Apparently, I spoke a little too loudly when I went "EXCUSE ME!". Oppsy...turned out I managed to make the waitress jump.
After dinner was dessert time at Clark Quay. This was like the first time I walked there at 8pm in a few years so we were both pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere there. Not too crowded, not too noisy and yet, not a ghost town. The Clark Quay at night is a great chill out place. Desserts were Chicago Cheesy and Chocolate Truffle Cake from Nectarie, courtesy of Yiling. Superbly baked...though two slices were a little overwhelming for us. And these were my birthday cakes.
Oh yar, today I drove my sister's VW Beetle to Central. Though I have always said that the car is impractical, it does serve well as a car for special occasions. And serve it did. It felt kind of good being dressed formally and driving the beetle.
Thanks for the nice wallet too...now the question is...do I continue using the wallet I received for my 21st birthday or the one my dear girlfriend chose for me? Hmmm...
oh damn it...recess week is almost over.
DAMN IT I AM 24...

Admittedly, I am getting lazy. But I never saw the reason to fuss over my birthday. Like "just another day man..." Unless someone sees a good reason to make me like it all over again. =)
Just had a good quiet dinner with Yiling at the Waraku in the Central, same place where I brought her for her 21st birthday last year. Again, I need more creativity...suggestions for good eateries that wun blow my budget?
But then, the Waraku there isn't half bad...good service and man, were the dishes we ordered good...we were so stuffed we had to walk it off. Tori Kishimen for her and Chirashi Set for me.
I also revealed a little lingering Chinese culture when I was asking for the bill. Apparently, I spoke a little too loudly when I went "EXCUSE ME!". Oppsy...turned out I managed to make the waitress jump.
After dinner was dessert time at Clark Quay. This was like the first time I walked there at 8pm in a few years so we were both pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere there. Not too crowded, not too noisy and yet, not a ghost town. The Clark Quay at night is a great chill out place. Desserts were Chicago Cheesy and Chocolate Truffle Cake from Nectarie, courtesy of Yiling. Superbly baked...though two slices were a little overwhelming for us. And these were my birthday cakes.
Oh yar, today I drove my sister's VW Beetle to Central. Though I have always said that the car is impractical, it does serve well as a car for special occasions. And serve it did. It felt kind of good being dressed formally and driving the beetle.
Thanks for the nice wallet too...now the question is...do I continue using the wallet I received for my 21st birthday or the one my dear girlfriend chose for me? Hmmm...
oh damn it...recess week is almost over.
DAMN IT I AM 24...
My hotpot...and Yiling
Present time!!!
Totally...
Trying to look decent
The dessert place Nectarie
Yummy cakes...just don't overdose on them!
Her present to me =) I don't care how much it costs, seriously.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]