Wednesday, March 4, 2009
A One-off post.
I guess most people have already heard about the NTU student who stabbed his professor and fell to his death. Shan't comment too much on it...though it is extremely shocking to the point where I still cannot accept that it actually happened.
And yet, ironically, when some friends and I decided to explore a new shortcut to the School of Mass Communications, it actually brough us to the exact same bridge where he fell.
The guys were evidently aware. And one of them was actually freaking out. Me, I was curious so I stuck my head out over the ledge to peer at the ground. Like I said, it was surreal to be at the site where someone lost his life. By then, the guy who was freaking out started shouting at me not to look. But it was not before I saw it.
A bright red spot on the drain grate where the photographs had shown the body to be.
It was not a bloodstain.
It was a single rose.
Laid there by someone else.
It dawned upon me how heartbreaking his death had been. I do not know this student. But nonetheless, may he rest in peace.
*Apparently, the rest of the school population could not care less. Jokes and puns have arisen to the point of being insensitive. "FYP= Finish your professor?" The word 'stab' is now hanging by everyone's mouths and they have no qualms 'whispering' the word aloud during tutorials and lectures.*
And yet, ironically, when some friends and I decided to explore a new shortcut to the School of Mass Communications, it actually brough us to the exact same bridge where he fell.
The guys were evidently aware. And one of them was actually freaking out. Me, I was curious so I stuck my head out over the ledge to peer at the ground. Like I said, it was surreal to be at the site where someone lost his life. By then, the guy who was freaking out started shouting at me not to look. But it was not before I saw it.
A bright red spot on the drain grate where the photographs had shown the body to be.
It was not a bloodstain.
It was a single rose.
Laid there by someone else.
It dawned upon me how heartbreaking his death had been. I do not know this student. But nonetheless, may he rest in peace.
*Apparently, the rest of the school population could not care less. Jokes and puns have arisen to the point of being insensitive. "FYP= Finish your professor?" The word 'stab' is now hanging by everyone's mouths and they have no qualms 'whispering' the word aloud during tutorials and lectures.*
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]