Saturday, August 1, 2009

 

Revival



*Pats dust away*





Despite what you think, I did not die nor give up on blogging. But I did re-prioritize it for a month because of my part time job. Hence the lengthy gap in updates. However, that should not be the case anymore, seeing as my part-time job has come to an end today.





Firstly, some updates. it must be my unlucky month because two of my possesions are breaking or have broken down. My Sony Ericsson K800i's power adaptor failed. I had to resort to using my laptop to trickle charge which was seriously painful. Seeing as it was already a few years old, I bought a brand new E63 (at $48) to replace it.


THe other thing is...my laptop. I had attended my school's convo ball as a photographer and brought it along. Somehow, it was knocked off the hotel bed and onto my shin. It hurt me like hell and apparently, my laptop sustained some damage. The wireless is wonky and it is lagging more than usual. SHIT...may have to get a new one in a month or so?





Speaking of which, I also had the honour of being the photographer for SCBE Convo 2009. It was my first experience using a dSLR (Nikon D80) and it was pretty cool to be able to control the aperture and shutter speed, in addition to others. And it was sad to know that the seniors are no more. It will be my turn!
Omaha!




For those who are not in the loop, I have been working at Tan Tock Seng Hospital for the past month or so as a pharmacy assistant. That title is a mere glorification of a packer which is a job not many people wish to take up. For me, working there was just something to keep myself occupied and earn a little spare cash for emergencies. The hours were rather bad (1pm to 10pm) and the pay was not high ($6/hour). The only other incentive for working there was that TTSH is just a stone's throw away from my home.





Little did I expect to meet people from so many walks of life there. I had rotated between the outpatient pharmacy and Emergency Pharmacy. There, I met student interns from NUS and NYP, some who in the same academic year or age as me. There were also the temp packers like me ranging from poly grads to ITE. Of course, the permanent staff, some whom we hate to the core and others whom are so warm and friendly. For me, I had loved working at A & E because of the closely knitted perm staff there (Boss Quek the pharmacist). At Outpatient, it was the crazy temp packers like Yin Ci and Amelia who made my day.





Perhaps this is my character flaw but I did hate leaving today because saying goodbye is always hard, for me at least. At least I did say it to Fiona and Jen Ang (my two fav perm staff there).





Now it is time for me to kick back and enjoy the last week of my summer holiday before I return to school. Come Monday, I will be turning in my timesheet and badge (No more staff prices!). From then on, all my time and energies will be focused on meeting friends and making Yiling happy. =)





Before ending off...A sobering thought:


In a year's time, I will be a graduate by then which I hope I will land a good paying job.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]