Monday, September 28, 2009
Recess week is here and it will not be the breather it used to be in past semesters. My friends and I are virtually swamped by projects and difficult homework. I counted 5 and I hope I didn't make a mistake...Final year really means I have to take my schoolwork to the next level and very seriously at that.
To the point of pissing of my friends? Yes, if need be.
Have been running up and down NTU and NUS to do my fyp...not too bad for now...lucky I had ppl to guide me there.
Breather...
Yesterday, I had an impromptu family dinner out at Lock Road at the Bail Thai Restaurant as a send off for my cousin who will be studying at Imperial College in London for the next 4 years. The food was good and I think he kind of enjoyed it. He even had a chance to play with Jade and Ashton, something he seldom had the chance to do and it was great to see Jade hug him goodbye. On the side note on my niece and nephew, she is turning into a little monkey who is not even scared of her mother. It makes me wonder what path modern parenting methods are headed.
Family time...
Today was quite a day. Both as a day when I decided to spend time with my gf and the day my dad nearly got into a few accidents in the drive from my place to Tanah Merah Ferry.
He was in a rush to catch a ferry to Indonesia. So knowing his pattern, I let him drive the Vios there. It was probably a bad decision...
- FYI, the Toyota Vios is a very LIGHT car. 1.5L enginer of Japanese soft steel. NOT MEANT FOR SPEEDING.
- My dad went at 120km/hr. The car ended up bouncing like a rabbit on the expressway.
- He tailed a taxi at that speed. When the guy tapped his brakes, my dad did likewise HARD. I felt the seatbelts lock.
- He raced with a Lexus ES300 and a Mercedes C180 on the winding roads and a narrow turn.
- He did not see the barrier at the ferry terminal and nearly barrelled through it.
My mother and I were having heart palpitations by the time he stopped and grateful the ride was over. Naturally, I took over...mostly because I drive like an old man.
Next up was runing errands for my mum. Went to the expo fair and bought a laminating machine. Went to the cosycot exhibition...I still don't know why but the freebies are good.
Drove her to J8..where she bought an OTO massage chair. For my grandparents. 20 minutes after she entered the shop.
After which, it was dinner with Yiling....=)
Now...typing this blog and brooding over the fact that I will be running to NUS AND NTU tomorrow. On my recess week no less...Shall not complain though...
Things to look out for this week...
Sending my aunt to airport
Sending my cousin to the airport (Next day)
NTU Supernetworking Session (Dress nice, wear tie and drive)
FYP presentation on Friday
Buying a new laptop? My laptop is literally falling apart which really worries me...right now, my mouse button is not working...-_-"
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]